To own the responsibility of effectively appointing distributors, developing them and managing the sales activities within an assigned area, ensuring that sales growth targets are met.
This role will also have the responsibility in future to guide, mentor and train Route Sales Supervisors and Regional sales Executives to ensure operational excellence and effectiveness, as well as maintain strong relationships with wholesalers, retailers and customers within the region.
- To appoint new distributors to minimize the distribution gaps in the region for intensive distribution.
- To develop or increase business from existing customer by ensuring performance by product.
- Responsible to achieve sales targets, maintain good relationship with dealers and distributors, understand &
- analyze competitor's products and drive distributors to attain targets.
- To manage and drive sales through distribution in order to attain market leadership in the given territory, through growth in gross numbers and revenues.
- Develop a quarterly action plans for implementation, based on the overall sales growth plan.
- Deliver sales target for all products by executing the distribution strategy at the channel partner level.
- Ensure availability of stock at retail while adhering to the norms.
- Execute promotional activities for channel partners to drive sales and build market credibility.
- Keep motivation levels high through regular meetings with distributors, retailers, distributor sales team.
- Achievement of retail outlets in terms of activating and making availability of new launched products.
- Channel Development and Infrastructure and Process Compliance.
- Aggressive execution of Sales programs (i.e. new schemes / promotions / trade engagement / new launches etc.) to deliver targeted numbers of customers and revenue.
- Attend local trade shows & exhibitions – working with the Marketing team on new product launches and variety of other market communications initiatives.
- Channelize and Resolve customer complaints regarding sales, offers, discounts, trade prices.
- Timely Collection of the market information such as competitor activities & initiatives and analyze the same with the help of Sales Manager to pre-empt its impact on the business programs.
- Conduct regular market visits to check width of distribution, competitor activity, and continuously search for new opportunities or distribution channels in order to increase sales in the region.
- Investigate and integrate competitor and customer insights to identify growth opportunities and propose action plans to influence sales.
- Provide support and input into the development and design of the sales and marketing strategies.
- Compile and submit / present monthly sales performance reports, market accompaniment reports, and daily activity reports.
- Timely collection of payments from the market.
- Ensure the recruitment of high caliber employees Route Sales Supervisors, Regional Sales Executive to drive a high-performance culture across the area.
- Effectively manage the team and the customers within the assigned territory with strategic input and support from the Sales and Marketing Manager
- Ensure all non-performance, non-compliance and misconduct issues are addressed formally as per company policy.
- Proactively manage all members of the team ensuring continuous and progressive performance.
- Monitor, manage and improve service levels at both distributors and retailers to ensure customers satisfaction, volume growth.
ACADEMIC AND TRADE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Business Degree.
- Computer Proficiency.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in a fast-paced and performance-driven environment.
- A combination of previous experience in sales, logistics, operations, finance, business development.
- Entrepreneurial skills or mindset (ability to spot and take and advantage of opportunities).
- Proven track record in the management or an overall business or business unit.
- Previous conflict management experience and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sales techniques and concept selling skills.
- Proven history of hitting sales targets & volumes.
- Experience monitoring the market place to identify business opportunities.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in all the areas outlined in the roles and responsibilities.
- Must be able to speak Swahili and English.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND BEHAVIORAL TRAITS
- Advanced communication skills (written, oral and listening).
- Extremely high levels of resilience.
- Team Management.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Must know and understand the industry.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong commercial acumen, and proven ability to work under pressure.
- Persuasive and articulate- communicates clearly and reason logically.
- Creates team spirit and encourages co-operation between team members.
- Strong ability to present, convey and sell ideas, prospects and concepts.
- Interacts with others in a professional, patient and confident manner.