Our Client is looking for an Accountant who will be responsible for managing and the reporting of financial information.
- Handle day-to-day Accounting functions
- Draw annual budgets in conjunction with
cash flow projections.
- Manage the full spectrum of accounting
and financial functions.
- Oversee monthly closing processes ensuring accurate and timely
- Monthly management accounts to include P & L, balance sheet and cash
- Plan and oversee the preparation of annual budgeting and
- Prepare annual accounts and liaise with company Auditors.
- Liaise with company Banks regarding accounts, currency transactions and
credit cards. Assign to Treasurer
- Review and evaluate capital expenditure and completion of corporation
- Analyze company operations to identify cost saving opportunities and
areas for improvement and growth.
- Ensure the appropriateness of the key
financial assumptions included in the company’s strategic plans and annual
- Undertake other financial analysis and
reporting as requested by the top management.
- Posting and recording
routine accounting transactions to the accounting software.
- Selecting correct
accounts, posting, verifying, and balancing debit and credit entries.
- Maintaining records
through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating, and purging.
- Data entry and
reconciliation of accounts.
- Check invoices against
purchase orders, researching discrepancies, and confirming approvals.
- Prepare vouchers,
invoices, and checks to maintain audit files, providing support to various
- Manage the weekly cheque run.
- Prepare payment vouchers.
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for
goods and services.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial
policies and procedures.
- Prepare batches of tax invoices/Local purchase
order/Delivery notes/Common Delivery Notes.
- Preparation of monthly VAT report and online
Submission to TRA.
- Preparation of monthly payroll report.
- Record of all cheques/Payment vouchers
- Keeping of all confidential documentation.
- Recording and keeping cash book.
- Maintaining EFD machine and issuance of Daily and
- Preparations and Filing of Returns for all
mandatory payments to the government(TRA) i.e PAYE (Pay as You Earn), SDL
(Skill Development Levy), NSSF, City Levy, Provisional
Tax payable by Installments (Corporate Tax), Workers Compensation Fund,
Withholding tax filling & payment
- Any other duty assigned under the ‘Accounts’ function.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting.
- 3 years accounting experience working with Tally ERP.
effectively, verbally and in writing, to a diverse audience.
skills, including e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets.
to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and
evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Process implementation, cash flow management, budgeting and
- Experience working in a project led business and has been exposed to
phased revenues, costs and understands how to account for these.
- Excellent planning, time management
skills and monitoring skills.
- Ability to work under tight schedules.
- Able to work under minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to
facilitate interaction with the workforce.